From the Maine Drug Enforcement Agency:
“Southwest Harbor, Maine, July 14, 2017- Six (6) people have been charged following an investigation into the illegal importation and distribution of heroin and crack cocaine in Hancock County. MDEA was assisted during this investigation by the Southwest Harbor Police Department, Bar Harbor Police Department, Hancock County Sheriff’s Office and Maine State Police.
As part of on-going drug enforcement efforts throughout Hancock County, a month long investigation conducted by MDEA’s Downeast Office in Ellsworth has resulted in the arrest of a group believed to be responsible for the importation and sale of heroin throughout coastal Hancock County. This investigation, which included the undercover purchase of heroin and crack cocaine, culminated early this morning with the execution of two (2) search warrants at residences located on the Marshall Brook Road in Southwest Harbor. Seized during this investigation were approximately twenty (20) grams of heroin and twenty five (25) grams of crack cocaine. Also seized was $3150 in cash, which are the suspected proceeds from the sale of these illegal drugs.
Charged thus far are:
1. Torrie McIntosh-Figueroa- (male), 25 YOA of Brooklyn, New York. Charged with Aggravated Trafficking in Schedule W drugs (Heroin and Crack)- Class A.
2. Alyssa Penney- 20 YOA of South Portland, Maine. Charged with Aggravated Trafficking in Schedule W drugs (Heroin and Crack)- Class A.
3. Shannon Waas- 42 YOA of Southwest Harbor. Charged with Aggravated Trafficking in Schedule W drugs (Heroin and Crack)- Class A.
4. Scott Cote- 30 YOA of Southwest Harbor. Charged with Aggravated Trafficking in Schedule W drugs (Heroin and Crack)- Class A and one count of Unlawful Trafficking in Schedule W Drugs (heroin)- Class B
5. Paul Cote- 32 YOA of Charleston, Maine. Charged with Unlawful Trafficking in Schedule W Drugs (heroin)- Class B
6. Zachary Elkins- 25 YOA of Bass Harbor, Maine. Charged with Unlawful Possession of Schedule W Drugs (crack cocaine)- Class D
Also, charged during this investigation was Jordan Anderson 26 YOA of Bangor, Maine. Anderson was charged by the State Police with Eluding a Police Officer and Driving to Endanger, after she fled from a residence on the Marshal Brook Road and refused to stop for troopers at the time the search warrants were being executed.
All were transported to the Hancock County Jail following their arrests. Mug shots are available from the jail.
If you have information concerning drug trafficking in your community, you are urged to contact your local law enforcement agency or the closest MDEA task force office. You may also call MDEA and leave a message on MDEA’s tip-line at 1-800- 452-6457.”